THE BEST OF BRANDS

“Everything comes from my obsession with scents: my memory is primarily olfactive so, for me, my sense of smell is my memory. I thought that, deep down, perfume is that thing that even with your eyes closed, brings you to a precise moment in space and time. When we began to work on Gucci Mémoire d’une Odeur, I tried to imagine the recollection of a scent that couldn’t easily be identified; a hybrid scent that resembles memory as much as possible.” These words from Alessandro Michele, Gucci's Creative Director describing the creative process behind the new fragrance.

Without a doubt, aromas are stored in our subconscious. When we pay attention to our olfactory functions for just a few seconds, we are transported to moments of happiness, love, or even sadness. Our olfactory experience and recollections are unique in their ability to recall the past to the present.

This is the intention of Gucci’s Mémoire d’une Odeur. To transform the aroma into a memory explorer, to go back in time, as well as forward. To connect past, present and future in a perfume bottle.

The Fragrance

This perfume blends both enigmatic and unexpected ingredients and is defined by a note of Roman camomile. Alessandro Michele envisioned this particular flower inside the scent, blended by master perfumer Alberto Morillas. Gucci Mémoire d’une Odeur’s Roman chamomile is structured with Indian Coral Jasmine petals. Noble woods, including sandalwood and the subtle cedarwood, are keystones of this scent, alongside an irresistible vanilla note.

The flacon is reminiscent of the past and was indeed inspired by a vintage Gucci fragrance bottle from the early 90s.

This scent transcends gender, and is destined for free spirits seeking to discover the aromas of unique memories.

If you are looking to buy a memorable gift or would love to have Gucci’s new fragrance in your collection before everybody else, this is your opportunity. Mémoire d’une Odeur is exclusively available in duty free stores.

Gucci Mémoire d'une Odeur

Discover Gucci's first universal fragrance, a perfume not assigned to a gender or a time.

Soon Available on Reserve & Collect